Paprika 3.0 is now available for Windows! It’s been updated with a bunch of new features and a refreshed look:
- Grid - We’ve added a new grid view that highlights your recipe photos.
- Multiple Photos - You can now add multiple photos to each recipe. Full-sized photos can now be saved directly in the app, not just thumbnails.
- Photo Embedding - Photos can be embedded in recipe text and tapped to zoom.
- Recipe Links - You can insert links to other recipes or websites from within your ingredients and directions.
- Bold and Italics - You can format recipe text with bold and italics using a Markdown-like syntax.
- Expanded Search - You can now search for recipes across multiple categories, and search across the following fields: name, ingredients, directions, notes, source, and source url.
- Conversions - You can convert ingredient measurements between US standard and metric systems.
- Pinning - Pin active recipes to easily switch between them while you are cooking. Pinned recipes will remember which ingredients have been crossed off and which direction is currently highlighted so you don’t lose your place.
- Timers - You can now create, view, and manage timers within the app. Cook times are automatically detected in recipe directions so you can simply tap on one to start a new timer.
- Printing - You can now choose between printing full pages or index cards, and additional print options have been added to customize which recipe fields and photos are printed.
- Trash - A new trash category has been added. Deleted recipes are now moved to the trash first, so you can recover accidentally deleted recipes.
- Multiple Grocery Lists - You can now create multiple grocery lists and add different items to each list.
- Custom Aisles - You can now create custom grocery aisles, and arrange them in your preferred order.
- Aisle Assignments - When you assign an ingredient to an aisle, it will remember that assignment and reuse it in the future.
- Pantry Integration - You can now move ingredients back and forth between the pantry and grocery list.
- Improved Consolidation - The grocery list has been overhauled and is more accurate at consolidating ingredients.
- Add Custom Items - You can now record quantities, purchase dates, and expiration dates for each pantry item, and add your own custom ingredients. You can also move items from the pantry to the grocery list based on criteria of your choice, such as Out of Stock.
- Month View - A new calendar view shows all of your scheduled meals for the month at once.
- Day View - The new day view shows the current day’s meals, organized by meal type.
- Custom Meal Types - You can now add custom meal types to the meal planner, and rename or reorder the existing ones.
- Multiple Day Menus - You can create menus that span multiple days or even weeks.
As before, Paprika 3 for Windows offers a free trial. All features are available in the free version of Paprika, except:
- You can only save up to 50 recipes.
- Paprika Cloud Sync is not available.
You can upgrade to the full version at any time to unlock unlimited recipes and cloud syncing. Once unlocked, existing users will be able to log in to Paprika Cloud Sync to sync their data over to the new app.
Users who have an existing license key for Paprika for Windows can request a discounted upgrade code by filling out this form. Users who recently purchased the previous version will receive a free upgrade.